Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Through the mail success

It's been a while since I posted my last "through the mail" autograph success, and since then I've sent out around 20 more requests - I'll keep you all updated when/if I hear back from anyone.

If you remember, I started this project in the off-season as something mostly to just to pass time waiting for baseball season but partly to do something with the thousands of cards I have stored in boxes.

So without further ado, I present 1992 Topps Steve Buechele:



I don't remember a whole lot about Buechele from his playing days. He had a reasonably successful career and never made headlines off the field - which in hindsight is quite an accomplishment. It's a nice signature, centered nicely even if it's across the dark sleeve of his undershirt. He had the courtesy to sign it in blue so it jumps out enough to be noticed.

'92 Topps is a perfect set to get autographed: most of the cards are fairly light colored and they're not too glossy for an autograph to get smeared in the mail.

Thanks, Steve!

No comments: