Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Through the mail success

I've been sitting on a couple of these for a while now, so without further ado, the next card in line I received through the mail was an autograph from Jack McKeon.


I had a couple cards of his to choose from (I just don't feel right sending more than one), and this 2004 Topps Cracker Jack was the most unique. It's apparently a sticker parallel, which I didn't know until right this moment when I flipped the card over to see what year/set it was from.

Not a bad auto. He's no Jay Howell or Mark Gubicza (no offense, guys), that's for sure. Jack is a world series winning manager! In the same year he took the Marlins to the World Series (2003), he was also selected as the National League Manager of the Year. For what it's worth, this card/sticker incorrectly states that he won the award in the American League.

No comments: