Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Off season project, Another 'graph!


Other than Mike Mussina and possibly Lou Piniella, Sparky Anderson is arguably the biggest name of the cards I've sent out for signatures (though I've acquired more addresses in the past week). And looky here, ol' Sparky returned my 1992 Topps card, making him the second former player/manager to respond to my request. He's in the Hall of Fame - as a manager - so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

It's a bit sloppy, almost as if Sparky wasn't paying attention to how small the baseball card was. Or maybe the card slipped on the table he had it on, which would explain the odd slope of his name. Oh well, at least I managed to find a use for one of those dreaded manager cards.

Unfortunately, I've also gotten my first "return to sender" from Mark Leiter. Not that he was anything special, but he's from Toms River, New Jersey, the same town where my mom is from. I thought it'd be a neat autograph to secure, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I've received a third autograph as well, so stay tuned!

No comments: