Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Shaq is whack


It may have been four years since the two shared a locker room, but Shaquille O'Neal is still taking shots at former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant.

This time, Shaq channeled is "Diesel" days and called out Bryant via rap:

"You know how I be, last week Kobe couldn't do without me."

There's only one "Shaq", right? So this is the same guy who was sitting at home watching the finals on TV? This is the same guy who was brought to an already talented Phoenix Suns team, for the sole purpose of being the missing piece needed to beat the San Antonio Spurs, but was unable to do it?

That's what I thought.

This is hardly the first "incident" between the two superstars. In 2004, Bryant told sources that O'Neal had paid up to a million bucks to get more than one woman to stay quiet about his own extramarital affairs.

But you didn't think that'd be left out of O'Neal's rap, did you?

"I'm a horse. Kobe ratted me out, That's why I'm getting divorced. He said Shaq gave a [woman] a mil. I don't do that 'cause my name's Shaquille. I love 'em, I don't leave 'em. I got a vasectomy, now I can't breed 'em."


O'Neal finished the rap by singing (or rapping, or whatever it's called) "Kobe, you can't do without me," over and over.

Shaq has since gone on record stating that it was all done in fun and has no issues with Bryant. But his good time came at a steep price: he will lose his special deputy's badge in Arizona's Maricopa County.

Said County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, "I want his two badges back. Because if any one of my deputies did something like this, they're fired. I don't condone this type of racial conduct."

Two thoughts here. One, if any of his deputies pulled this same stunt, would it actually make national headlines? I doubt it. Who would the rap be about? An overrated parter not pulling his weight on the streets? And second, "racial" conduct? I hope he's talking about the "B" word Shaq dropped, because black people aren't the only people who rap.

I'm sure Shaq is real upset about losing the badge. Not sure where the lesson is in all of this... don't drink and freestyle rap? Don't tell secrets to Kobe?

Here's the video, but you may want to keep the volume low. Some parts are censored but others still may not be appropriate for work:



In other Bad Baseball news from Tuesday night...
Two consecutive "other sports" entries, but I couldn't pass up either one. Back to baseball now, and the worst of the worst from Tuesday . . . Yankees - Pirates, in Pittsburgh; Yanks starter Darrell Rasner struggled, allowing 10 hits on 7 runs in five innings of work. LaTroy Hawkins wasn't much better in relief, allowing 4 runs on 7 hits over 2.2 innings . . . In Arizona, the Red Sox scored four runs in the 8th inning to beat the Diamonbacks. Chad Qualls blew his 5th save of the year, allowing 2 runs on 4 hits, recording just two outs . . . Reds starter Bronson Arroyo struggled in his start north of the border against the Blue Jays. He actually posted a triple-double; he allowed 10 runs (all 10 earned) on 11 hits in just an inning of work . . . Padres closer Trevor Hoffman picked up his 5th loss of the season against the Twins when he allowed two homers in the 9th.

1 comment:

RP said...

That's two homers on consecutive pitches that caused Trevor the game...