Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend recap

Just got back from a nice weekend getaway in Palm Springs, CA, so I haven't looked too thoroughly through the box scores. And I probably won't because I'm still in vacation mode. But I couldn't help but notice that Barry Zito picked up his 8th loss of the year to the Chicago White Sox on Saturday. Hey - every loss is costing the Giants less and less, on average. So they've got that going for them.

On another note, why is ESPN playing "Meet the Mets" over and over again for their Sunday night showcase against the Yankees? I mean, I get it - meet the Mets, the Mets are playing, but seriously now. I used to enjoy ESPN's Sunday night broadcasts. Now, not so much. Joe Morgan and John Miller couldn't sound any more unprepared.

In fact, Joe just shared that you can't steal first base (referring to Jose Reyes)... I'm learning something new about the game every day. I don't know how long I'll be able to tolerate the broadcast, but I'll post any more gems from Joe Morgan.

No comments: