Friday, May 9, 2008

Oh, the irony


Time for another cover! This one from Sports Illustrated - which hit newsstands 3/6/200 - is one of my absolute favorites from my collection. I especially enjoy the statement in the caption: all the juice is in the National League Central. They got that right. What a great line, especially since it accompanies the bloated heads of Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa. I can only wonder if this was intentional or just coincidence. It was published before PEDs in sports became a national issue, but just after suspicions of their influence started growing.

Of course, Griffey has never been linked to performance enhancing drugs and is the odd man out in the drawing.

After looking at the 2008 NL Central standings, and seeing half the division below .500, I'm wondering where all the juice went.

No comments: